Join the Syria Relief and Development family! We are often looking for talented workers in a variety of fields. Please continue to check back to see if we have any new openings.
Position Title: Fundraising Developer
Location: US (remote)
Syria Relief and Development (SRD), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization working to alleviate the suffering of Syrians in need, is currently looking to hire a full-time fundraising developer. This position will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding major and minor gifts and initiating, maintaining and growing donor relationships to maximize their long-term value and benefit to the organization. The fundraising developer strives to match the philanthropic interests of current and prospective donors with the mission and goals of the organization. The majority of time is spent constantly prospecting the community for potential donors to maximize the donor base and to build support for SRD projects.
- Develops positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the general public
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, groups and organizations
- Plans, organizes and facilitates fundraising activities (events, dinners, concerts, etc.)
- Responds to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information; secures donations from donors and provides them with relevant information
- Engages with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities, as appropriate
- Schedules and delivers presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds
- Prepares and submits plans, projections and reports to the Operations Manager
- Continues to improve job-related skills through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working with grassroots organizations and volunteers
- Proven ability to interact effectively and communicate well
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Energetic with the ability to multitask
- Experience in fundraising is preferred
- Must be available to travel 75% of the time domestically with occasional international travel
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; strong willingness to initiate deadlines and timeframes for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities
- Strong record-keeping skills and basic writing skills
- Desire to work for humanitarian cause
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have own means of transportation
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
To be considered, please email the following materials to HR@SyriaReliefandDevelopment.org. Include the position title in the subject of your email along with the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Position Title: Events & Outreach Intern
Internship Title: Events & Outreach Intern
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: Immediate (January 2017)
Location: Washington, DC
Syria Relief and Development (SRD), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization working to alleviate the suffering of Syrians in need, is currently looking for a Events & Outreach Intern. The ideal candidate for this internship will be extremely organized, detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Contribute to design and execution of Events and Outreach Initiatives planned in DC and other select US locations
- Promote SRD events through branding and messaging independent or collaborative events
- Support in marketing efforts, including local media, broader news outlets, and social media for all events planned
- Arrange logistics for Events including venue, reservations, travel accommodations, AV, registration, catering, volunteer recruitment, etc.
- Share and archive event materials and multimedia
- Identify key community contacts and networks for Events
- Maintain required documentation for Events including MOUs and contracts
- Develop positive relationships with donors, partners, volunteers, organizations and the general public
- Event planning experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic multimedia skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in progress or completed) in a related field
- Passion for humanitarian causes
- Positive attitude and creative mindset
To be considered, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the internship title in the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- A paragraph (may be included as part of the cover letter) on why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for this internship and what past and personal experiences would contribute to your success in this internship.